The best spotting scope under 500 dollars will be the scopes within a great price margin that really capable performing at hunting, wildlife watching and nature observing. In this price slab, you will get the scope with large objective lens and optics with other good-quality accessories. On the today’s marketplaces, a handful scope is also available at the higher cost than 500 as well as at much low price with fewer configurations. However, if the outdoor program is not like as astronomical, this price range’s scopes will be most effective and reasonable to you. The spotting scopes available in the range of 500 dollars can make your hunting or shooting mission successful since most of them come with worthwhile technical features.
Table of Contents
- 1 Recommended Best Spotting Scope Under 500
- 2 1.ALPEN 20-60x80mm 45 Degree Waterproof Fogproof Spotting Scope
- 3 2.Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope with Case
- 4 3.Vortex Optics Diamondback Spotting Scope
- 5 4.Redfield 114651Rampage 20-60x80mm Angled Spotting Scope
- 6 5.Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60 x80 Spotting Scope
- 7 Things to consider when buying a spotting scope under $500
- 8 Final Verdict
Recommended Best Spotting Scope Under 500
1.ALPEN 20-60x80mm 45 Degree Waterproof Fogproof Spotting Scope
Price : $$$
Editor Rating: (5 / 5)
ALPEN Waterproof Fogproof Spotting Scopes are the high-performing optical instrument at any unfavorable weather. You will get the opportunity of better viewing nature or bird watching at the rainy or high-humid situation with 20-60×80 mm configured the scope of ALPEN series. This dynamic one is completely waterproof by sealed optics and filled up with nitrogen gas for fog proofing. As it is capable gathering huge amounts of light, you can see the superior image size at any point of its magnification. If the spotting task of you runs even in a low light condition, the large objective lens will help for getting the bright and sharp images of the object.
Large 80 mm Objective Lens
Large objective lens gathers increased quantity of light. Much amounts of light enter into the housing produce clear picture of the objects. The ALPEN Waterproof Fogproof spotting scope has the 80 mm large aperture that allows you viewing all high-definition images of the targeted object.
Angled Shaped Eyepiece
Among the straight and angle shaped spotting scope, the angled one is preferable for the viewing of nature or hunting that are on the level ground. This scope has the eyepiece that is 45-degree angled from the main body. This shape is perfect for comfortable adjusting the body and eye position for better viewing. Watching the object from the vehicle is also comfy with this vigorous scope.
The BAK-4 prism is better performing than the Porro prism in respect of image positioning. For proper flipping of the images, this prism is unquestionable. This scope of the ALPEN Waterproof Fogproof spotting scopes series comes with the BAK-4 prism that also allows getting the edge to edge sharp images of the objects.
- 20-60 x magnification offers all great size of object’s images
- Huge light gathering facility for fully multi-coated optics with large 80 mm objective lens
- BAK-4 prism provides accurate image flipping and proper positioning
- Angle shaped with 45-degree eyepiece gives the opportunity of comfortable viewing
- All weather fitness with waterproof body construction
- Clear appearance at humid weather for the fogproof system
- Tabletop tripod that is micro-adjustable and perfect for firm position
- Nylon made padded carrying case eases the transportation
2.Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope with Case
Price : $$$
Editor Rating: (4.9 / 5)
Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope is an optical instrument that comes with the facility of digiscoping. When you are mostly interested in taking the photograph of the targeted object, this camera adjustable scope will give the appropriate facility. You will get all clear images because of the 100 mm objective lens of this scope that gathers much amount of light. At any point of the 20-60x magnification range, the images delivered by this scope will be with high definition. You will enjoy the comfortable prolonged using of this spotting scope due to the 45-degree angled eyepiece comes with.
100 mm large Objective Lens
The objective lens of the Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope is large enough. Such a big lens is capable allowing huge light into the housing of the scope that is the major cause of getting clear and bright images. Even in a low light condition, this scope performs very fine due to the optic size.
The chemical layering system has improved the quality of the optics of the Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope. Among the various coating types, the multi-coated optics applied on the surface of the optics of this scope is good-quality to transmit the huge amounts of light accurately. That’s why you get sharp images of the object viewing through the eyepiece.
Durable Body Construction
The most noticeable feature of the Konus 7122 20x-60x100mm Spotting Scope is that its body construction is durable and long lasting. The rubber armored body structure of this scope has made it fit for absorbing any unusual shock or the shockwave derived from the rifle shooting. So, the longevity gives the opportunity of a long time using of this scope.
- 100 mm objective lens ensures the high image definition by gathering huge light
- Suitable for setting the camera and smartphone adapter to photography
- Zoom and angled eyepiece provide desired increased size of the image and comfortable viewing
- Metal body structure with good-quality mechanical building ensures the durability
- Wide-ranging 20-60x magnification offers the option of various setting of target
- Rubber armored body construction is shock absorbing
- Sealed optics waterproof and nitrogen purged housing fit for all weather situation
- Multi-coating layer of the optics ensures the huge light transmission for bright image
- The quick-swivel screw offers the moving facility for field, beach or window mount use
- Tripod adjustability gives the opportunity of firm and steady positioning and viewing
- Carrying case allows the easy transportation of the scope from one place to another
3.Vortex Optics Diamondback Spotting Scope
Price : $$$
Editor Rating: (4.8 / 5)
The Vortex optics diamondback spotting scope is the equipment that is quite capable and high performing in respect of hunting and wildlife observing. The 20-60x magnification and the 60 mm objective lens configuration has made this scope a trustworthy image provider of the targeted object. Proper light transmission and image positioning are accurately done since this scope having anti-reflective fully multi-coated optics and good-quality porro prism.
You will get the glare-free maximum comfort at viewing because of the angled eyepiece and built-in sunshade. Lightweight and compact design along with waterproof and fogproof manner allow you rugged use of this scope in the field at any extreme atmospheric situation. Both the objective and eyepiece lenses are protected by the lens cover and eyepiece cup. You can carry the scope from one place to another keeping it in the soft carrying case comes with this spotting scope. Additionally, the unlimited lifetime warranty will provide you an added opportunity of getting post-buying customer service.
- 20-60x Magnification and 60 mm Objective Lens is trustworthy image provider
- Fully multicoated and anti-reflective chemical coated optics for proper light transmission
- Better quality Porro prism ensures the exact image positioning on your view
- Angled eyepiece is suitable for level surface viewing
- Suitable tripod ring allows you setting the scope on a perfect tripod for steady viewing
- Lightweight and compact construction with shock absorbance
- Waterproof and fogproof manner is appropriate for any extreme weather
- Built-in sunshade offers glare-free watching
4.Redfield 114651Rampage 20-60x80mm Angled Spotting Scope
Price : $$$
Editor Rating: (4.7 / 5)
The image quality of the optics of Redfield is outstanding. They always try to provide the best quality product to the users. Their designers are well aware of applying the latest technology and materials to make the brand more famous. With the passage of time, the need and choice do change and the Redfield 114651 Rampage 20-60 × 80 mm spotting scope is a modern kit to fulfill your needs in any outdoor activities. If you are searching a good quality scope that has the excellent features but the price is not high, this model is for your consideration. Reading this article on this model will help you to choose a perfect kit for your hiking.
The features of this spotting scope are awesome with 20X to 60X magnification power and 80 mm objective lens. In comparison with price, its quality is enough for you. The main features are as below.
Generally, a mid-range priced scope offers 20X to 60X magnification and the Redfield 114651 is. On the other hand, in most of the cases, images are not so clear at 60X, where this scope will provide you a sharper, clearer and live image than of the others in this class. Because of the good image quality, it is perfect for hunting, birding and target shooting. Here, the image resolution is incredible at transversely all enlargements.
The objective lens makes your images brighter and clearer. The 80 mm objective lens is far enough to increase more than 50% extra light in the low-light situation as well as nighttime. Really, you will be able to see the rings in the region of Saturn fairly well with this scope. The fully multi-coated optics provides great light transmission.
This scope is unbelievably so much durable that you can use it even in both foul and fair weather. The polycarbonate housing makes the scope shock resistance and rugged. To formulate the scope waterproof, the scope is O-ring sealed and the nitrogen charged optic chamber make the scope fog proof.
- The retractable lens shade reduces glare to protect the lens from sunburn.
- It has a generous field of view of 105 feet at 100 yards with 20X magnification and 52 feet at 1000 yards with 60X magnification.
- The scope has a close focus distance of 14.3 feet and eye relief is 16.6 – 19.3 mm.
- The magnification wheel is very easy to move.
- The angle of view is 2-1 degree.
- It has a standard tripod to fit the scope perfectly.
5.Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60 x80 Spotting Scope
Price : $$$
Editor Rating : (4.6 / 5)
Most remarkable three key features have made the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60 x 80 (45 degree) Spotting Scope the exact instrument for hunting and bird watching. The ED prime extra-low dispersion optics create color tuned and high-definition viewing taste with offering the highest clearness and color devotion in usual and short light condition. Fully multicoated optics of this scope effectively decreases the light losing and glare that help to produce high-contrast images. Another important ingredient is a rain guard HD water-repellent coating that diminishes the large drops of water nearby minuscule dots and protects your view at any rough weather.
The 45-degree angled eyepiece with a maximum 18 mm eye relief will give you the opportunity of adjusting the body and eye position easily for added comfort. The 20-60x magnification of this scope provides various sizes of the clear image within its range with a close focus distance of 35 feet. It also captures a maximum field of view of 110 feet and minimum 51 feet at the distance of 1000 yards and producing all brighter and sharper images of the object. You will find the scope totally waterproof that protects the device from wet at the rainy weather, and the fogproof technology helps to clear viewing without any foggy presence in the scope. The soft carrying case comes with this product is useful for protective easy carrying that also possible to place in your backpack.
- 20 to 60x magnification is effectively capable to provides good-quality and vary sizes of the image
- Extra-large 80 mm objective lens gather huge light
- 45-degree angled zoom eyepiece offers body and eye adjustable facility for viewing plain surface objects
- Fully multi-coated optic effectively decreases the light losing and glare
- Fixed, dual-focus controls makes rapid and fine-tweaking modifications
- Maximum field of view 110 feet (20x) and 51 feet (60x) at 1000 yards
Things to consider when buying a spotting scope under $500
It is true that a mid-ranged scope is perfect enough for your outdoor activities but to choose a spotting scope, you will have to consider some things to get the best one. As you will cost about $500, you deserve a good performer scope at your budget. At first, you have to have the idea about which features will make your scope just what you need. You do not have to go to an expert for that, just read out this article and you will be the owner of a very best quality scope. You should consider the below things to choose the best spotting scope within $500.
The performance of a scope mostly depends on the magnification power. A good quality scope has the magnification power of 20X to 60X or 80X. Here 20X magnification means you can have a view about 20 times nearer than of the actual. Some models that cost within $500 has the magnification of this range. The more powerful magnification allows getting the closer, sharper and clearer view of the image.
The objective lens makes your images brighter and clearer. If the lens power is 60 mm to 100 mm, it is perfect for you. The more powerful lens gathers extra light in a low-light situation or night. You can enjoy the more detail view of
The objective lens makes your images brighter and clearer. If the lens power is 60 mm to 100 mm, it is perfect for you. The more powerful lens gathers extra light in a low-light situation or night. You can enjoy the more detail view of the image with better quality with the larger objective lens.
There are two body styles in spotting scopes- straight and angled. A straight one is perfect when looking down from a higher space and for a flat viewing or looking up, an angled scope is suitable.
Tripod is an essential part of a spotting scope to keep the scope shaking free and hold it easily. The scopes, which cost around $500, include a tripod in the box. Your tripod should be durable and portable for better viewing experience.
Waterproof and Fog proof
Check whether your scope is waterproof and fog proof or not. A waterproof and fog proof scope allows to use it in all seasons without any crisis and to increase the lifespan of your scope.
Eye relief is the distance between your eyes and the looking point of the scope. A big enough eye relief allows you to see even with wearing sunglasses to enjoy the full view. At least 14 mm eye relief is enough for you.
There are two types of prisms in a scope – Porro prism and Roof prism. The Porro prism scopes are better organized and most familiar. The Roof prism scopes are slim and compact but they lack some important features, which are needed to you.
More things to consider
Except the above things, you have to check the warranty issue, the lens quality closes focus etc.
As the scopes that cost around $500 are more popular to its users and the quality and features are first-class, you should not wait to buy it. With such scopes, your outdoor activates experience will be great.